We like people to feel relaxed and at home - Kei Mouth Guest Lodge is a great place to stay and explore the Wild Coast.
We welcome sandy feet, riding and hiking boots as well as well behaved pets!
What to do and where to go.
The most important thing to remember on the Wild Coast is to relax and kick back into African time... but for those that need to do more...
- Walks & hikes around Kei Mouth, Morgan Bay and across the Kei
- Horse riding - for everyone!
- Beach - walks, chilling, swimming, fishing
- Ferry crossing into Transkei
- Kei Mouth Country Club (golf)
- Kei Mouth Bowls Club
- Cliffs at Morgan Bay
- Abseiling in Morgan Bay
- Township Tour
- Day trips to Trennerys & Seagulls
- Fish Eagle River Cruise
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Day hikes to Waterfalls
- There are some awesome mountain biking and off road running tracks.
Restaurants & Pubs
Kei Mouth & Morgan Bay has a nice selection of small owner run pubs, restaurants and coffee shops. The food is good and each place is special in its own way. Please note that out of season, when it is quiet, kitchens often close early, by 8 pm. Please always check during the day and we advise to book a table in advance to avoid disappointment. If in doubt, please book dinner with us or bring something with you. The local supermarket closes at 5 pm.
- Neptune's Cove (opening 1st Feb)
- Bush Pig (open Wed/Thurs/Fri/Sat & Sunday lunch time)
- The Snack Shack (open for day time snacks)
- The Shed (4km out of town)(Friday night Braai)
- Kei Mouth Country Club ( open Mon/Tue/Wed ... Fri/Sat & Sunday lunch time)
- Morgan Bay - a short drive to the next village
- Yellowwood Forest
- The Deck at Morgan Bay Hotel
- Mitford Hotel
- The Pink Lady Coffee Shop
Kei Mouth Guest Lodge
18 Coral Street, Kei Mouth
- Comfortable home stay en-suite accommodation in the heart of Kei Mouth
- Situated in a tranquil street just off the main road, it is central to all amenities
- 18 Coral Street is within walking distance to the supermarket, pub, beach, the Kei River & ferry crossing.
- Free light breakfast
- Free tea & coffee
- Free WiFi
- Room serviced daily
- Fully equipped self catering communal kitchen and BBQ area
- Communal sitting room and dining area.
- Airport/Baz bus shuttle can be arranged
- Bed & breakfast overnight stays. Stay for 2 nights and explore the area!
- Weekends & holidays to the coastal village of Kei Mouth
- Horse riders on our Work Rider Program
- Horse riding guests on our Kei River Horse Trail & Riding Holiday.
- Hikers & bikers starting or finishing the Wild Coast Walks and trails
- Independent travelers who are exploring our wonderful Wild Coast.
- The option to hire the whole house as a private unit on a self-catering basis is also available.
What is included
- Free light breakfast (cereal, yogurt, toast, preserves, fruit)
- Free tea & coffee
- Free Wifi
- Fully serviced daily - except Sundays
- All linen including a towel
- Beach towel available
- Laundry - washing machine available R50.00 per load.
- Dinner on request - price varies depending on what is on the menu for that day. Home cooked, wholesome meals with main course & dessert (casseroles/roast/etc). to be pre-ordered on booking or at breakfast.