Kei Mouth Guest Lodge & Backpackers
18 Coral Street, Kei Mouth
- First Class Backpacker accommodation in the heart of Kei Mouth
- Situated in a tranquil street just off the main road, it is central to all amenities
- 18 on Coral is within walking distance to the supermarket, pubs, restaurants, the beach, the Kei River & ferry crossing.
- Free light breakfast
- Free Tea & Coffee
- Free wifi
- Daily room serviced
- Fully equipped self catering communal kitchen and BBQ area.
- Communal sitting room and dining area.
- Airport/Baz bus shuttle can be arranged
- 360 degree sun-downer viewing deck
- Overnight stays
- Weekends & holidays to the beach
- Horse riding guests on our Working Riding Holiday
- Horse riding guests doing a Kei River Riding Holiday.
- Hikers & bikers starting or finishing the Wild Coast Walks and trails
- Backpackers and independent travelers who are exploring our wonderful Wild Coast.
We like people to feel relaxed and at home - Kei Mouth Guest Lodge & Backpackers is a great place to stay and explore the Wild Coast
What is included
- A light breakfast (cereal, yogurt, toast, preserves, fruit)
- Free tea & coffee available all day
- Fully serviced daily - except Sundays
- All linen including a towel
- Beach towel available
- Laundry - washing machine available (pay our housekeeper R20 per load and she will hang it out to dry, and bring it in all nicely folded for you)
Dinner on request - price varies - R50 to R120 depending on what is on the menu for that day. Home cooked wholesome meals. Casseroles/roast/ etc pre-ordered at breakfast.
What to do and where to go.
The most important thing to remember on the Wild Coast is to relax and kick back into African time... but for those that need to do more...
- Walks & hikes around Kei Mouth, Morgan Bay and across the Kei
- Horse Riding - for everyone !
- Beach - walks, chilling, swimming, fishing
- Ferry crossing into Transkei
- Kei Mouth Country Club(golf)
- Kei Mouth Bowls Club
- Cliffs at Morgan Bay
- Abseiling in Morgan Bay
- Township Tour
- Day trips to Trennery's & Seagulls
- Fish Eagle River Cruise
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Day hikes to Waterfalls
- There are some awesome mountain biking and off road running tracks.
Restaurants & Pubs
Kei Mouth & Morgan Bay has a nice selection of small owner run pubs and restaurants. The food is good and each place is special in its own way. Please note that out of season, when it is quiet, the kitchens sometimes close early. Please always check during the day and we advise to book a table in advance to avoid disappointment.
Kei Mouth - all within walking distance of 18 on Coral.
- Fishermen's Den
- Green Lantern
- Bush Pig & Wild Bananna
- The Shed 4km out of town
- Kei Mouth Country Club (on the hill at the top of the golf course)
- Yellowwood Forest
- Mud Hutters
- The Deck at Morgan Bay Hotel
- Mitford Hotel