Escape for a mid week break or weekend of horse riding
We can create a beach riding escape especially for you. Is a week too long, and you only have a few days available? Just tell us how long you have and we will mix and match our base rides and hotel trails to suit you. You can book anything from 1 night with an afternoon and morning ride, or stay 2 nights with a full day ride with a full day riding between. Our riding guests can also appreciate spending time with the horses, and hang out with our friendly equine team. Alternatively, doing your own thing and just enjoying the riding, might be for you - the choice is yours!
Stay at Kei Mouth Guest Lodge with Horse Riding
Your stay is at Kei Mouth Guest Lodge situated in the village of Kei Mouth a short distance away from the horse paddocks. There are several lovely rooms available for our riding guests, all with modern en-suite shower and toilets, tea making facilities and everything else expected in a home from home bed & breakfast.
Package guide and options
- Pay as you go - select and choose your own options - book on line here - (select dates and click through to add your riding & meals)
- 1 night 2 day - Kei Mouth Guest Lodge, afternoon ride & morning ride.
- 2 night 3 day - Kei Mouth Guest Lodge, afternoon ride, 1 x full day ride, + morning ride
- I want to book this option
- 4 night 5 day - Mini Beach Trail - full board
- Afternoon ride, dinner and over night at Kei Mouth Guest Lodge.
- Full day ride with saddle bag picnic , dinner and over night at Trennerys or Wavecrest hotel.
- 3 to 4 hour morning ride, lunch at hotel & free afternoon, dinner and over night at Trennerys or Wavecrest Hotel.
- Full day ride back to Kei Mouth with pub lunch en route, dinner and over night at Kei Mouth Guest Lodge
- 2.5 hour Morgan Bay Cliff top ride before departure after lunch.
- I want to book this option
Meals & Packages
We offer several different options depending on your budget and how much freedom you want to do your own thing.
- B&B+ horse riding - overnight accommodation & light breakfast (Pay for your own lunch & ferry fees, and either self-cater or go out in the evening. You will need your own vehicle to go out at night)
- DBB + horse riding - overnight accommodation, dinner & breakfast (Pay for your own lunch & ferry fees. We provide a home cooked dinner)
- Full Board + horse riding - overnight accommodation, all meals included.
DRINKS– please note that drinks & refreshments bought at the local bars, shops & restaurants are not included in any of the rates!
Lunches, drinks and refreshments – on most days lunches are en-route and we stop off at a local restaurant or take a saddle bag picnic with us. Meal costs are payable on site in cash or by Visa/Mastercard. There is a shop just around the corner from the guest house where you can purchase drinks, snacks, refreshments and picnic supplies. The shop has an ATM to draw cash (Visa/Mastercard).
This trail is suitable for all levels of riders that are comfortable in rising trot and canter. Individuals, groups and families are welcome.
Dates & Availability
There are no set dates.
Check availability at Kei Mouth Guest Lodge and book your rides and stay, on line here ...