- Prices quoted exclude flights to and from South Africa & internal
flight to East London (SA)
- There are no ATM machines in our area;
cash must be drawn in East London before coming to
our remote village. You will generally
only need money for curios, drinks at the bar and gratuities and a day trips
including a Big 5 game drive.
- Unless otherwise stated road
transfers from the airport to and from the wild coast resorts are charge separately.
- Unless otherwise stated includes all
meals, accommodation, horse riding and equipment, the service of a experienced
guide, and a back up vehicle to transfer your luggage from point to point,
- Drinks and alcoholic beverages are to be
paid separately; we do however provide water bottles for the saddle bags.
- Our clients on overnight trails do not
lift a finger. Unless of course they choose to and they are welcome to help out with the horses; we provide a full service to
- Beginner and novice riders can be
catered for by prior arrangement and on separate dates unless booking as a
single group. We welcome family groups and riders with non riding partners.
- The riding is paced according to the
rider’s abilities. Generally walking along cattle paths and cliff tops, long
trots and canters on sandy tracks, with fast canters and an occasional gallop
along the beaches.
- We generally ride 2 to 3 hours in the
morning and again 1 ½ to 2 hours in the afternoon, depending on the weather,
sea tides and what the riders can manage.
Sometimes it is a little shorter, and sometimes a little longer.
- Our horses are relaxed, easy to ride, fit
and forward going, Most have snaffle mouths; we ride in Liversage trail &
- The horses are a selection of Boerperd,
Part Arab, Anglo Arab, TB, Percheron crosses. They stand between 14.2 hh and 16
hh. The average being 15.2 hh
- Riders over 95 kg can be accommodated,
however we reserve the right to charge a supplement and the riders will be required to alternate their riding between two
horses while on longer trails. This is charged at the guide’s discretion and is
judged on rider fitness and riding experience. This is payable in cash, at our
discretion on first day of trail. Please be advised that riders, who are
boarder line heavy weights, are to have the cash with them. This supplement is non-commissionable.
- We normally have 2 to 8 riders per trail
which may include riders who are with us on our working riding holiday.
- Groups can be accommodated on private
trails Minimum 4 riders maximum 12 riders.(Riding clubs, family groups and
friends) A private trail supplement is payable if there are less than 4 riders.
- Should there be only 1 rider
on trail a 50 % supplement will apply on the standard rate.
- Please note that there may be a surcharge on
standard rates if the trail falls into Peak & high Season. Price will be confirmed
- All trails must be paid in full before the
- Payment must be made in South African
Rands, British Pounds or Euro.
- All confirmed bookings with deposits
received will be honored at the quoted rate.
- Wild Coast Horse
Trails reserves the right to increase or decrease the prices previously quoted
for holiday arrangements before a booking is confirmed. External factors beyond
our control may affect the holiday costs such as accommodation tariff
increases, taxes (e.g. VAT), exchange rate fluctuations etc.
- We will endeavor to keep to the ride itinerary as stated, but factors beyond our control
(especially the weather & sea tides!) could mean that we have to make
alternative accommodation arrangements, or change the ride plan on any given
day. What ever happens, you our client
will still get a great riding holiday!
- We prefer that all
persons, when mounted wear protective head gear.
- We recommend that
you bring your own protective riding hats; we have a selection available if you
do not have one.
- We also recommend
that riders wear long riding boots or short boots with half chaps to prevent
chaffing on the legs.
- In the interest of
general safety, the guide’s decision in any given situation is final as the
well being of the horses and riders is paramount.